What is the personal development mindset?Having a personal development mindset means that you take responsibility for understanding yourself as an individual and for identifying and developing your own strengths and talents. It means you take control and become responsible for your own life and what you make of it. You begin to manage your own success and happiness. But you can receive support from others in developing the mindset and in helping you to develop yourself. Personal Development - Time to Grow[/caption] Personal development includes understanding your values and living in accordance with them. This in turn helps to strengthen your self-image and self-esteem. Then, you begin to be able to see your own potential and you can work towards fulfilling it in all parts of your life - at work and in the rest of your life.
Personal development enables you to;
- Expect to succeed in your own terms,
- Take risks that are right for you and set challenging goals,
- Go forward patiently until you reach your goal.
- Stay in the present, working mindfully for your future.
Having a personal development mindset means you are;
- Optimistic about the future even in hard times
- Self-confident and believe in your own abilities
- A self-starter who takes action – there can be no success without action
- Open to new ideas wherever they come from
- Someone who values yourself and your special contribution
- Abundant in your thinking – it is all out there waiting for you
- Someone who knows how to influence others for the good of all
- Patient – you know worthwhile things are worth waiting for
- A student – you continue learning throughout your life
- Prepared to question yourself and respond to your own self-review
- Having good will towards others, helping when you can and being pleased when they too are successful.
is a Life Coach, Career Coach, Writer and Mentor to some very special people. You can contact her, book a free coaching session, or find out more by phoning her at 44 (0) 7867681439 or emailing email@example.com
Wendy has written a little eBook on how to get on with your boss and a book on job search – you can find these and her other books on Amazon at this link